Montmartre Economic Development and Tourism Committee members are:
Kevin Shiplack, Jolene Dusyk, Ed Martel, Dale Brenner, Cal Abrahamson, Susan Sebastian, Dave Bircher and Patsy Fisher.
Interested individuals are encouraged to be a part of this dynamic group.
The mission of the Economic Development and Tourism Committee is to facilitate business and tourism opportunities that encourage growth.
COMMITTEE PROJECTS / PRIORITIES
Rebranding and Marketing Montmartre
A revived interest in creating a unique identity which makes Montmartre distinct, memorable and attractive has resulted in a rebranding of Montmartre from “We are on the move!” to “Paris of The Prairies”.
As such the EDTC is striving to develop the community’s character into a brand that is truly unique for this region and is working in partnership with Kemoca Regional Park to engage a marketing strategy that will reflect not only what Montmartre is, but what the community wants to be.
Through this rebranding the EDTC objectives are to:
- Strengthen community identity and pride
- Attract investment
- Promote tourism and /or lifestyle
The Montmartre Economic Development and Tourism Committee administer the signage corridor alongside Highway 48 on the east and west approaches to Village. The Committee feels this is a highly visible form of business marketing as on average 700 vehicles a day pass by Montmartre.
Businesses interested in taking part in this opportunity enter into a 5 year agreement with a first year fee of $150/sign and preceding 4 years $100/sign.
Information on the program and agreements are available at the Village Office or call (306)424-2040 to learn more about the program.
Centre 48 - Arts and Continuing Education Centre
Beach volleyball court at Kemoca Regional Park
Sponsorship of many other community functions
SUBCOMMITTEE – Community Development Corporation
SMALL BUSINESS LOAN PROGRAM
The Montmartre Community Development Corporation is local people helping individuals pursue their economic vision as they see small business as key to a healthy and growing community.
- Loans of $1,000 to $15,000 are available for new or existing businesses ventures at prime +1% interest. The key feature being all of the interest earned on the principle is kept and administered by the Montmartre Community Development Corporation
- Loans can be used for capital asset purchases such as equipment, inventory or supplies; they cannot be used for direct farming, operating expenses, or repayment of existing debt.
- Repayment of the loans is negotiated up to maximum 5 year repayment period unless loan is used for computer equipment or inventory whereby it will have a maximum 3 year repayment period.
- To learn more about the SBLA program stop by the Village Office or call