A quaint family oriented community located 1 hour east of Regina on Highway 48. Montmartre is located in a diverse agricultural area where an assortment of crops flourish and livestock are raised. The proximity of Montmartre to Regina allows residents the coziness of small town yet easy access to larger service center of Regina.
Montmartre(Mount of the Martyrs) was named in 1893 when several families arrived from France to take up residency in Canada. The Village moved twice before establishing the present location and incorporating as a Village in 1909.
The Village of Montmartre was twinned with Montmartre, France in 1961.
In 2012 a three volume history of Montmartre, its residents,
growth and development was published. The history books
are available at the Village Office.